« Home | The United States of AmeriKAKIS » | But will he bat on Shabbes? » | Fall Classic »

Could Have Made A Killing

I would just like to note the entry I posted on August 24 where I announced that the New York Yankees would NOT be in the World Series. I watched dozens of talking heads tell me that they would do it, in a Subway series in four. But I knew and I am taking this moment to boast. I've been calling Tigers v. Mets since the All-Star break, and I still stand by this.

Immediately upon winning the NLDS the Cardinals have become the underdogs on 2006. I think this is a misnomer. You can't argue that it's bizarre that they won fewer then 90 games and are one series away from the Fall Classic, but the Cards are strong defenders, their pitchers are hitable, but also controlling, and they have a team with a lot of post-season experience. And then there is the Pujols factor. I'm still calling the Mets to win this, I could see it taking 6 or 7 games but I think they'll take it. Still I don't think that the Cards deserve the underdog reputation.

I think it's a bit more locked up in the AL. If the 2005 Red Sox taught us one thing, it's there is no momentum like that of crushing the Yankees. The Sox were absolutely dreadful in the first three games of the ALCS in '04, but the last 4 games they played like the scrappy team they were all season, and they were obliterating in the World Series. It was borderline boring. I don't think the A's stand a chance against the Tigers who I think will ultimately win the World Series this year, and I believe that a large portion of this country's baseball fans will be happy to see them win.