« Home | One of these teams is not like the others... » | Orioles Update » | Check out my Ravens Coverage » | Orioles Update » | The Curt Schilling Sock Update » | Jews Draft Koufax. Everyone Laughs. » | Cricket World Cup Championship for Dummies » | Orioles Update » | Shawn Green: Right Fielder, Super Jew » | Sporting a New Look »

Corey Lidle's Death Was Not My Fault

Last season, in a fit of innapropriate rage, based on years of Yankee hatred stemming from one unmentionable twelve year old who spoiled my adolescent hopes and dreams, I said something about the Bronx Bombers that I should not have.

I said that I would not even care if the Yankees went down in flames in a plane crash on their way to Detroit.

I was naturally thrilled to witness their demise, and to picture them at home, in their mansions, watching the World Series being won by a Cardinals team they could have likely beat.

Weeks passed with little thought to this statement and then the news broke that a plane had crashed into an apartment building on the Upper East Side of Manhattan. Details followed and it was discovered that Corey Lidle, Yankees' starting pitcher, had been piloting the plane and was killed in the crash.

I was made to feel extremely guilty, despite having had my heart broken a decade earlier by he-who-must-not-be-named-yankees-fan, but today, I am exonerated. Today it was announced by the National Transportation Safety Board that it was “inadequate planning, judgment, and airmanship” by the two men in the plane that caused the crash.

I have long claimed my innocence in this matter, something, I should mention, that Jeffrey Maier cannot do. But I'm over it. Really.

nice blog. Care to exchange links with mine? I am from Montreal but since the Expos are gone I am not into baseball really anymore. heh.

http://www.overtim.blogspot.com

Have a nice day.

I would like to focus your attention on this paragraph from the Times article: "A bigger factor, Ms. Ward said, was that the plane came north along the Queens side of the river and turned left as THE WIND WAS BLOWING ABOUT 15 MILES AN HOUR FROM THE EAST. THAT WIND MADE THE TURN WIDER FRO THE PILOTS. If the men had come up the Manhattan side and turned right, the oncoming wind would have made the turn easier."

What has not been known up to this point is that at approximately 2.16 PM, one Snugget R. Braunstein BOTH sneezed AND slammed the door to her magazine's offices in Chelsea. Five minutes later, the impact of both those redirections of airspace had managed to loop around and affect Lidle's plane. Ms. Braunstein, how do you plead?

I plead the 5th

Post a Comment